Deal of the Day – Oakley JAWBONE Livestrong EditionBy Chris (SelectSpecs) - December 1, 2010
It's the 1st December and we can finally open the first door of the SelectSpecs Advent Calendar 2010… but there be no baby Jesus or three wise men here, just great deals. Are you excited? You should be!
Today's deal is for this awesome Oakley JAWBONE OO9089 – 04-211 Livestrong Signature Series Sunglasses. We've slashed the price by £65 from the normal RRP of £190 down to £125. What's more, every Oakley Livestrong frame that is sold raises $20 for The Lance Armstrong Foundation in support of people affected by cancer, courtsey of Oakley.
About the Oakley Livestrong JAWBONE Sunglasses
Oakley’s legacy of sports performance innovation continues with the new JAWBONE. The latest evolution of a coveted design, this frame is like nothing ever seen in the world of sports. Every aspect is engineered around the clarity and protection of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS.
With Oakley’s new SWITCHLOCK Technology, the lower part of the frame rim opens to allow easy access for quick lens changing, letting you optimize performance in any light condition. The revolutionary design holds the lenses with a suspension system so stresses on the frame won’t affect the optical vision, and you still get the optimised comfort and fit of a flexible frame design.
Pivot the nose piece to unlock the lower jaw and open it for easy lens changing. With minimal handling involved, lenses remain free of fingerprints. The quick-release system closes with a cam that locks each lens securely in place.
Oakley have engineered the pivoting system with a release mechanism that also lets you easily remove and replace the nose piece with a different size to customize the fit. A comfortably secure fit is essential for athletic competition, so Oakley started this new design with the company’s famous Three-Point Fit. No more hooking the ears like normal glasses, a Three-Point Fit ensures the frame touches the wearer only at the bridge of the nose and the sides of the head. Strategically placed flex zones give the frame a broad range of flexibility while directing stresses away from the lenses.
Oakley is proud to partner with the Lance Armstrong Foundation in support of its ongoing mission to inspire and empower people affected by cancer. When you purchase the LIVESTRONG® edition of Oakley eyewear, the company will provide $20 to the foundation.
- Oakley SWITCHLOCK Technology for an interchangeable lens design that helps you keep up with changing light conditions and maximize performance in any environment.
- UNOBTAINIUM stem sleeves for a secure fit that increases grip with perspiration.
- Durable yet comfortably lightweight O MATTER frame material that optimizes protection while maintaining a flexible fit.
- Interchangeable nose piece for a customizable fit.
- Unbeatable clarity and visual fidelity with the patented innovations of HIGH DEFINITION OPTICS, optimized by an entirely new frame architecture that translates frame stresses away from the lenses.
- Full range of optional lens tints for glare reduction, improved color perception, enhanced contrast and optimized depth perception.
- Convenience and clarity of Oakley HYDROPHOBIC a permanent lens coating that repels dust while maintaining a smudge-resistant barrier against skin oils, fingerprints, lotions and sunscreens and even repels water to prevent streaks and sheens from corrupting your vision.
- Impact protection that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards for high velocity and high mass impact resistance.
- XYZ OPTICS to extend clarity across lens contours that open peripheral vision and improve side protection against sun, wind and impact.
- PLUTONITE lens material for 100% filtering of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- Protective sports-specific Oakley Soft Vault included with capacity for extra lenses
(Frame description from Oakley UK)
Similar posts you may like...
- Rimless Glasses now with FREE High-Impact Lenses worth £20!!
- Deal of the Day – Oakley DISCREET
- Oakley “DUCATI Signature Series” Sunglasses
- New Oakley Sunglasses 2012
- New Oakley Crosslink Eyewear: Trendy or Smart – It’s up to You (as Worn by Rory McIlroy & Kevin Pearce)