The weather’s warming up in the UK, and it looks like it’s sticking around for a bit, too. What better way to spend the long summer evenings than to dust off the old BBQ and host a get-together?
Prepare your Pimm’s and spruce up your garden, it’s time to bring out your sun dress.
Yes, burgers and sausages are great, but why not try adding a twist to your menu? Try out this recipe:
Lemon Chicken Bun Recipe
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 8 Bread buns
- Pre-heat your grill and get your BBQ ready
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl
- Lightly oil your grill grate, and drain away your marinade from the bowl – but don’t throw it away
- Place chicken on the grill and cook for about 8 minutes on each side
- Every now and then, lightly baste the chicken using the left over marinade.
- For the BBQ taste, pop them on for a further 5 minutes and serve on a bread bun. Voila!
And while you serve your tasty food, you can look stunning in some comfortable summer-y clothes.
This outfit above shows clashing patterns – stripes and florals.
But it works perfectly, the stripes elongating the legs and the bright top creating a central point.
Heart-shaped sunnies make the look fun and quirky – great for a party.
For light-bites, it’s nice to have some side dishes for your guests to delve into. Sweet potato salad, anyone?
Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 2kg of peeled sweet potato, chopped into large chunks
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 140g of feta cheese (optional)
- 50g toasted pine nut (optional)
- 4 or 5 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pre heat your oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6
- In a bowl, cover your sweet potato with the oil and some seasoning. For extra spice, try paprika
- Use baking parchment on your tray to stop the potato from sticking and roast for 30-35 minutes
- Wait until the potatoes cool to room temperature
- For the dressing, whisk the spring onions, parsley, olive oil and white wine vinegar together with a little more seasoning
- Serve the potatoes in a tray and drizzle over the dressing, scattering the feta and nuts on top
If you’re more of a ‘sit-back-and-relax’ kind of gal then why not dress up a bit more?
This laced dress is lovely and summery and the accessories bring the outfit together.
The 60s style sunglasses match the shoes and the necklace, creating a ‘glam’ look.
Now, where’s that Prosecco?
Whatever you wear or eat at your BBQ, they are a great opportunity to get friends and family together, enjoy the sun and maybe even bring out the board games.
So let’s soak up the warm weather while it still lasts.
In love with the heart-shaped frames? Check out these styles
Tag #SelectSpecSelfie for a chance to be featured on our page!