SelectSpecs Ltd and it's group of companies (SelectSpecs, Optix) are committed to protecting your privacy. This document explains the information we collect about you and how we may use it.
What type of data do we collect about you?
During your visit to our website(s), we may collect the following data about you:
- Any information you provide when registering on our website(s), this includes name and address details, and any marketing subscription details.
- If you contact us with a query on your order, a problem with the site, or a complaint, we may keep a record of this correspondence for future information.
- We may ask you to review our products based on your purchasing habits, you're not required to respond to this request.
- Transaction details and the items you have ordered.
- We use Google Analytics to log details of your visit to our website which includes traffic data, location data, browsing habits, and demographic data, this data will allow us to improve your experience and journey through our website and services. You can opt out of this by clicking here.
- Identity or prescription details, whether provided by email post or fax, that may be required to help us process and fulfill your order.
- Your data will be stored for as long as reasonably required to provide goods, services and after sales support to you.
Cookies are a small file of information stored within your browser when you use a website, these cookies can be disabled or removed from your browser when required. We use the following cookies on our website(s).
- Session Cookies. These contain a random ID number allocated to you and your computer by our web server for the duration of your visit. This cookie makes our site easier and faster to use for the user. Once you leave our website or close your browser this cookie is automatically removed.
- Script Generated Cookies.These cookies are allocated to you and your computer when you request to access a restricted area of our website, for example, registering an account. This cookie allows our site to recognise you as a registered user so you do not need to log in again when visiting other websites and returning to our website(s). This cookie will remain on your computer until you remove it.
How we may use your information
To give you the best shopping experience, we may use the information about you in the following ways:
- To ensure our website and content is presented to you in the best way possible.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you have requested from us or which we feel may interest you where you have allowed us to do so. You may opt out of our marketing material at any time.
- To enable us to fulfill our obligations arising from contracts entered between you and us.
- To notify you about any changes to our service, products or website(s).
If you're an existing customer we may contact you from time to time via email or telephone. If you're contacting us via email regarding a query, we will not use the information you provide for any other purposes than to respond to your support request. All personal information is stored on our secure servers and is only available for use within the SelectSpecs Ltd group of companies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites outside of the SelectSpecs Ltd group of websites. Please be aware that SelectSpecs Ltd is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any website that we may link to.
Opting out of our marketing emails
To unsubscribe from our mailing list simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every marketing email and you will be opted out of our marketing communications. We will continue to send you order and support related emails when required.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a small admin fee to meet our costs in providing you with the information we hold about you.
SelectSpecs Limited Lockwoods Yard The Grove Westgate on Sea Kent CT8 8AS
Tel: (UK) +44 3303 801 190
Email: Customer Support