New to SelectSpecs is the truly remarkable and exciting Cosmo collection from Ray-Ban. The RB2140 Cosmo Collection is an Original Wayfarer style that will suit all face shapes. To match the space theme, the 5 colours are all named after planets of the Solar System… how cool is that?
Take a look at the first cosmic colour option…Venus.
In colour 6109Z2 Venus, these frames shimmer beautifully in the light. With metallic green hues running through the frame, you are guaranteed to be the life of the party. The colours change depending on which angle you view the glasses, hints of pink run through with the metallic green to make these frames perfect for both men and women. The mirrored lenses give off a mix of wonderful warming colours. Brown, yellow and orange are all incorporated into the lens, giving the impact Venus has been squashed down into a wonderful pair of interesting glasses.
- Venus is the second brightest object in the night sky after the moon.
- It is the second planet from the sun and is sometimes referred to as Earth’s sister planet.
- A day on Venus lasts longer than a year.
- Atmospheric pressure on Venus is a crushing 92 times greater than on the surface of the Earth.
- With an average surface temperature of 462 degrees C, Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system – hot enough to melt lead!
The second colour option 611019 is based on the beautiful planet of Jupiter.
Much like the beautiful hues of Jupiter, these frames give off spectacular shades of vibrant but cool colours. The metallic pink infuses with the green of the frames, meaning that whatever angle the eye is drawn to, a mix of pinks and greens are received. The mirrored lenses are in a nod to Jupiter’s stunning clouds. Blues, greens and yellows are blended together to create a fabulous gradient effect. On a summers day these glasses would be perfect and at their full cosmic potential.
- The largest planet in the Solar System, Jupiter is two and a half times more massive than all the other planets in the solar system combined.
- Jupiter has the shortest day of all the planets lasting only 9 hours 55 minutes.
- Jupiter is a Gas Giant planet with 67 known moons.
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot is a huge storm which has raged for over 350 years. It is so large that the entire Earth could fit inside it three times.
The next colour option in the Cosmo collection is inspired by the fiery planet of Mars.
These Cosmo Wayfarers in colour 611169 Mars are visually stunning. The metallic oil colour of the frame gives off a variety of colours and tones much like oil itself. The deep red, amber and yellow shades within the lens help bring the appearance of Mars itself by incorporating fiery tones to the glasses. By sporting these beautiful frames you will have a slice of space in your wardrobe, the warming and contrasting tones both on the frame and lens will give your skin as well as your outfit a glow.
- Mars is home to the tallest mountain in the solar system – Olympus Mons at 21km high and 600km in diameter.
- Gravity on the surface of Mars is only about 37% of that on Earth.
- Mars has the largest dust storms in the solar system – they can last for months and cover the entire planet.
- Pieces of Mars have been found here on Earth. Meteorites violently ejected from Mars into space that eventually land here on Earth millions of years later.
The penultimate colour 611217 is based on the stunning planet of Saturn.
These frames are vibrant and fun. The metallic violet shines with the light and gives off hints of grey and silver. The varied shades of blue in the mirrored lenses give a cool vibe to the glasses. From deep sea blue to sky blue, the lenses feature a wide array of tones which differ depending on the light and angle of viewing. These unique frames will bring fun and cooling colours to your wardrobe by giving it a hint of the stunning planet Saturn.
- Saturn is best known for its famous rings. It is the most distant planet that can be seen with the naked eye.
- Despite its massive size, Saturn’s orbit last only about 10.5 hours – the second shortest day in the solar system after Jupiter.
- It takes 29.4 Earth years for Saturn to complete one orbit around the Sun.
- Saturn’s moon Titan has a complex nitrogen-rich atmosphere comprising of mostly water and ice. Scientists believe Titan could harbour life.
The final colour (611330) for the Ray-Ban Cosmo collection is inspired by the ever fascinating planet of Mercury.
These gorgeous planet Mercury based sunglasses consist of the stunning metallic Azure coloured frame. The metallic hues of green, blue and purple all reflect from this frame, these cooling colours will bring an edge to your wardrobe. The silver mirrored lenses in comparison to normal black sunglasses lenses, are a subtle way to inject an alternative vibe into your everyday life. Embrace the gorgeous mixture of colours surrounding planet Mercury by purchasing these fab sunglasses.
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun.
- Thirteen times every one hundred years Mercury can be observed from the Earth passing across the face of the Sun in and event called a transit. The next transit will happen on the 9th May 2016.
- Mercury’s surface temperature ranges from plus 427 to minus 173 degree C.
- One year on Mercury is only 88 days long.
- One day on Mercury lasts the equivalent of 176 Earth days.