10% SelectSpecs.com discount code
To mark this event, we’re offering a 10% discount code for prescription glasses frames from today until 11th November, to encourage new and existing customers to undergo an eye test if it’s been a while since they have done so – annual examinations are essential for optimal eye health.
Customers can then use their new or current prescription to order a pair of glasses – or two – from SelectSpecs (home to the cheapest prescription glasses in the world) at an even more fantastic price.
Copy the following discount code now and save it somewhere safe – don’t miss out on this great deal!
10% discount code: wsd10
Terms and conditions
- Frames purchased must be £30 or more to be valid for this offer. Attempts to use this code on eyewear costing less than £30 will be unsuccessful
- The discount code does not apply to lenses
- This offer is for our prescription glasses range only and is not applicable to our sunglasses, contact lenses or accessory ranges. Attempts to use this code to discount in such a way will be unsuccessful
- This discount code cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount code or offer (for example, free delivery code)
- This discount code is valid between 10 October to 11 November 2013 (inclusive)
World Sight Day 2013: Get Your Eyes Tested
World Sight Day 2013 will focus on the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) new action plan to tackle preventable blindness and low vision across the globe between 2014 and 2019.
While approximately 90% of the world’s visually impaired individuals live in developing countries, infectious disease is not the cause – the vast majority of cases are the result of uncorrected refractive errors like myopia (short-sightedness), hyperopia (long-sightedness) or astigmatism. The eye examinations and corrective eyewear those located in developed countries can take for granted are often enough to greatly improve the eyesight – and quality of life – of many people currently struggling with low vision.
The main call to action behind this year’s World Sight Day is ‘Get Your Eyes Tested’. WHO hopes this message will not only help to limit preventable vision loss caused by the before-mentioned refractive errors, but also increase early detection of other problems that can lead to visual impairment, like cataracts and diabetes too.
To learn more about World Sight Day 2013 and preventable eyesight problems around the globe, read our article on the subject here.