Should you wish to return an item for exchange or refund please contact our customer support team. Prescription glasses are tailor made to your personal prescription, so if you have any queries or concerns our highly trained customer support team will assist you in this process.
You can speak to our customer support on (+44) 03301 65 6900 from 9.00am - 5.00pm (GMT/BST) Monday to Friday (closed on Saturday, Sunday & UK Public holidays).
You can email us through our support center online
You may return an item for exchange or refund if you’re unhappy with them for any reason, providing that the following conditions are met:
- You will need to contact us within 14 days of receipt of the item.
- You should return your item to us within 14 days of receiving our return authorisation form (this will be emailed to you). Your return authorisation form should be included with your returned item. There is no need to return your item via a next day courier or expedited shipping method, but we do advise to obtain proof of shipping from your postal service.
- If you cannot return your item to us within 14 days of receiving our return authorisation form, you must inform us by email so that we can agree on a reasonable alternative date.
- Items that arrive later than 14 days when a refund is due will be subject to a reduced refund. Please see our Warranty Refund Policy.
- Returns must be in their original condition without marks and should include all free accessories such as cases, cloths and in the case of designer frames, the original demonstration (dummy) lenses.
- Returns related to visual problems must include a copy of the prescription.
- Our customer support team did not advise you when you submitted your order that all, or part of the order was inappropriate for your needs, or we expressed concerns about the information submitted.
- The item you wish to return is not an exchanged item.
- The item you wish to return has not been purchased from our high street store*.
*For any issues with an in store purchase, please visit our store with your glasses and speak to a member of our staff for the best resolution.
Returned items will usually be processed by our returns department within 3 - 5 working days of receipt. We recommend obtaining proof of postage from the Post Office, as we are unable to take responsibility for packages lost in the post. Any postage fees incurred for returning items to us will need to be covered by the sender. This is reviewed on a case by case basis.
Three or more items returned for a refund will incur a £5.00 (or equivalent in your local currency) restocking fee per item - this includes multiple items returned spanning over different order numbers. There may be rare occasions when we will request an additional re-stocking fee, but the buyer’s agreement to any extra fees will be requested before the goods are shipped.
Exchanges to Varifocals are reviewed as a case by case basis, and not always guaranteed. If you are exchanging from Single Vision to Varifocals, as a first time wearer, we will advise obtaining a refund for the order and then placing a new one with the chosen Varifocal type.
Returning a 2 for 1 Frame
If you only wish to return 1 pair purchased from our 2 for 1 range, you shall be charged in full for the frame kept. The returned glasses shall be considered as the free pair from this offer.
Should you wish to obtain a refund for lenses reglazed into your own frame, we would request that you return the frame complete with the newly glazed lenses and the previous lenses enclosed. We will then remove the new lenses and install the old lenses. The new lenses will be retained by us and your frames will be returned to you. You will be refunded the cost of reglaze minus a fee of £8.95 to cover the cost of insured next day delivery.
Hearing Aid Returns or Adjustments
A hearing aid is likely to be returned due to any one of the following reasons:
If you feel you’re hearing aid needs adjusting then this can be performed by our in-house Audiology team.
Common required adjustments include:
- Aid needs fine-tuning due to a personal preference or because hearing levels have changed and therefore the hearing aid requires a volume adjustment
- A new Audiogram has been carried out and you would now like the hearing aid(s) to be updated to match your new results
- You initially ordered one hearing aid but would now like a pair. The original hearing aid needs to be programmed along with the second to benefit from the Signia app and to maximise the hearing aids performance
Please note: the above only applies to the Signia hearing aids. Austar hearing aids cannot be programmed or adjusted by the audiologist.
The Signia hearing aids have a 2-year warranty so any fault will be replaced after the faulty aid has been returned and investigated. All settings and programming will match the original aid.
Tubing or wax guards need to be replaced periodically; this is an easy task that can be carried out without professional help. Instructions on how to correctly do this will be supplied with the hearing aid purchase. Please be aware that if you would prefer our in-house team to perform any minor maintenance then a delivery costs will apply.
If you need to return the hearing aid for any of the reasons mentioned above, please contact our customer services team for assistance.
Refunds will not be carried out if the aid is lost or stolen. Refunds will also not be eligible if water damage is suspected or if the device is damaged in any way.
Should you wish to cancel your order for any reason before order completion and/or dispatch please contact our customer support team on (+44) 0330 165 6900 or email us via our support center as soon as you can after placing the order.
If your item goes missing in the postal system we regret that a full refund cannot be provided, instead a replacement will be prepared in line with these guidelines.
Please note that we will only be responsible for non-delivery if advised within three months of the shipping date.
Should you wish to obtain a refund for any reason, the cost of the frames and lenses, or in the case of a reglaze the cost of the lenses will be refunded in full, postage costs are non-refundable. Refunds are normally processed within 5 working days of cancellation or from the day we receive any returned items for refund.
If you are not satisfied with the lenses and would like to proceed with refund for the lenses only then the glasses (frame with the lenses) should be returned back to us. We will remove the lenses and process a refund for the lenses only and will return the frame back to you. Regrettably, we cannot provide a refund for the lenses only if they have been removed or replaced by another supplier (high street or online).
If you wish to exchange your item for a new item with a higher or lower value we will either refund the difference or notify you of the additional payment required. Only one exchange is permitted per item ordered. Exchanged items returned will only be subject to a refund for the price of the frame, lenses will be non-refundable ("free lenses" will be subject to a £5 charge).
Please note, delivery for the exchanged item will be charged at our normal postage rates. Postage will be free for exchanged items over £49.
For cases outside of our returns period, our warranty applies. Unfortunately we cannot refund returns postage for any warranty claims.
Approximate International Returns Costs
Likely costs when returning items from overseas to our UK office, sent via standard mail.